It's hard to think about fall when it's 80 degrees out, but it's here! I was driving down back roads yesterday and the breeze was cool and I could smell burning wood. I would say that fall is my favorite but really I love the start of every season. I started to think about all the things I wanted to do this fall and decided to make a list.
1. My husband and I will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary! We have been following the list of traditional wedding gifts and this year is fruit or flowers. So he has it easy :) but I am completely stumped! I've searched for hours on the Internet trying to find something manly to get him. On one website someone suggested getting an Apple electronic, but my husband is more of an Android fan. On another website they had bacon shaped like roses for sale. I seriously thought about the bacon because honestly, what man doesn't like bacon?! But then I accidentally hit a button and the web page disappeared. That figures! So if anyone out there has a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it!!!! Time is ticking...
Starbucks pumpkin spice latte! I'm sure this is on a lot of people's list :) The funny thing is that I'm not really a big pumpkin fan. I'm enjoying this while I type :)
3. Have a bonfire and roast marshmallows! I like my marshmallow a little on the flaming side when you first pull it out of the fire.
4. The County Fair! I love the live bands complete with banjos, the crafts, and fair food. Chicken on a stick anyone?
5. Carving pumpkins! And then trying to roast the seeds and always failing. I never give up though. One of these years I WILL succeed!
6. Make an apple pie! From scratch! I did this a long time ago in home economics and I want to try it again. My husband is reading over my shoulder and I know he is thinking, "No! Make a pecan pie!" because that is his favorite. But if I screw up a pie I want it to have cheaper ingredients.
7. Dress up for Halloween! My twelve year old self is screaming I'm too old but I'm not going trick or treating. So far I haven't found a costume. Or a place to wear one to. I tried to get the hubs to do a couples costume but he didn't want to be the peanut butter side of a PB&J.
8. Corn Maze! I'm going to my first in a couple weeks. I love mazes but I'm not good at them. Perhaps I should take my cell so I can call for help if I get lost :)