Saturday, April 12, 2014

Lucky

 
    The warm sun shown down on us as we walked slowly down the sidewalk sipping our peach ice teas. I pointed out all the clover and told you about how when I was 8 I would lay in my aunts yard for hours searching for one with four leaves. You said that every patch has one as I tucked my long hair behind my ears, so as not to obstruct my view, and began searching. "Did you find one?", you asked as I plucked a clover.  "Nope it only has three." Before I could search again you reached down and retrieved what I thought was impossible.  It was the most perfect four leaf clover I had ever seen. It was like magic and I called you a leprechaun.  It lay delicately on your outstretched palm and I took it smiling. It sounds cliche, but you made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment